FULL SPECTRUM FORUM

An unofficial forum for Full Spectrum Laser users
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to fslusers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Need Power supply unit for 36 by 24
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm 

Laser Type: 36in by 24in
hi fellow FSL owners. My laser it down it seems the psu shorted out and if FSL can not replace it for $100 then I will have to buy a new one for $600. Are there any cheaper options to get my machine running again. I still have yet to make money using my laser so a little cash strapped. also if anyone needs to out source some of there production to a bigger laser let me know. Mostly I really want to network with other FSL owners.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Need Power supply unit for 36 by 24
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Laser Type: 4th and 5th
Hi Corey, this is BScatterplot from reddit.

If your unit is under warranty, then have them replace it for sure. Otherwise you can probably find a replacement PSU online, since your 24 x 36 isn't an actual FSL product but a rebrand of (if I remember right) a GWeike unit.

Also, assuming you have a 40W laser, then this power supply should work: http://www.lightobject.com/20W45W-PWM-C ... V-P71.aspx

If you have a 60W laser, this one should work: http://www.lightobject.com/40W60W-PWM-C ... V-P72.aspx

They're both just a touch over $200. I've never personally installed one, but I bet it would be super easy to swap out.

Please remember this is an unofficial forum and is unaffiliated with Full Spectrum. All moderators and admins are volunteers!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:25 pm 

Laser Type: 5th Gen, 45w
Just like a CNC machine where you'd need to replace or resharpen cutters, on a laser the tube and power supply are your expendable parts. Try to keep some money around for when one of those randomly goes boom.

I'm not familiar with the exact model of power supply used in that unit, but if you can check out the labeling it shouldn't be impossible to identify it. These things primarily are off the shelf parts, and in the case of that particular laser unit, the entire thing is off the shelf. (Remember that FSL isn't primarily making lasers, they make the controller and software - with the exception being the 5th Gen.)

The actual process of replacing a power supply (if you get an exact match) is extremely simple, the toughest part being wrapping the tube high power connection. If you get a similar but not exact power supply, you will need to verify the connections on the connector blocks to make sure you're wiring it up correctly. Most of it is pretty straightforward and wires can be identified by simply following where they go in the cabinet. The wires coming off the power EStop button obviously go to power, etc.

I recommend taking good pictures before disassembling anything, and during the process, so you can refer back if you get stuck.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm 

Laser Type: 36in by 24in
thank you BScatterplot from reddit and Tlharrell. Full spectrum laser was able to repair the power supplier for $100. my machine has an 80w tube. When they sent me the power supply unit they wrote 110V however I want to make sure I'm using the proper amps as well and I have yet to receive that answer.

Thank you both for your replies it really helps knowing there is a forum that I can discus these issues.

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]