FULL SPECTRUM FORUM

An unofficial forum for Full Spectrum Laser users
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to fslusers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: RE2 with new hobby laser
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm 

Laser Type: 6th Gen Hobby Laser
Hi All,
I just set up my new 6th gen hobby laser (dark gray case), and I'm not having any luck with RE2.

The issue is that when I try to load a graphic into RE2, it hangs.

I've tried the following, in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. My primary computer is a Mac, but I've tried a PC as well. I'm using a direct Ethernet connection.

* PDF (vector and raster) - Progress bar starts and hangs at 43%
* PDF (raster only) - Progress bar starts and hangs at 75%
* PDF (vector only) - Progress bar pops up, seems to fill and disappears. Nothing appears on the canvas.
* JPEG - Hangs at 40%
* SVG - Hangs at 40%

The PDF and JPEGs I'm using are from FSL, so I'm assuming they are not the problem. The SVG is a random downloaded image.

I've tried using the design side (Method Draw?), and was able to load graphics into it. However, when I export to RE, nothing appears.

I wouldn't think this would be an issue, but I haven't been able to activate the controller yet. I keep getting the message to use the desktop client.
I'm assuming they mean the older version of RE?
I have tried this with a PC, but was unable to connect to the laser with the older version of RE. I can ping the laser and get a response, but it won't connect.

Based on what I've read on Facebook, at least 2 other people are having this issue with RE2.

Has anyone here encountered this?

I'm wondering if the laser is just not going to work until I get it activated. Not sure if the others experiencing this issue have activated theirs yet.

Thanks,
Mark

Post subject: Re: RE2 with new hobby laser
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Laser Type: 4th and 5th
Unfortunately most of us are still on the older version of RE, so you're not likely to find a lot of help here (fingers crossed!)

Have you called FSL about it yet? If you do get it fixed please post how you did it, there have been a handful of Muse questions so far but unfortunately very few answers.

The only suggestion I could offer is to try some simple images you handmade (use MS Paint or Word or something). See if you have a corrupted file or something maybe?

Please remember this is an unofficial forum and is unaffiliated with Full Spectrum. All moderators and admins are volunteers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 pm 

Thanks for your reply.

This all happened yesterday, so I would expect them to be closed. Their website doesn't indicate if they have support on non-holiday weekends. Main office hours are M-F while I'm at work.

I may have to take time off to deal with this, but I'm going to submit a ticket in the meantime.

If I do get it figured out, I will post the solution here.

Thanks,

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:09 pm 

So, I got the official word from FSL.

RE2 is not compatible with the 6th Gen Hobby. Despite it saying so on their site* as well as Rockler's site. :|

* http://laser101.fslaser.com/hobby-laser-tutorials. Scroll down to Hobby Series Tutorials (5th gen and beyond). It's the NEW Hobby Series manuals.

Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Although this means putting Windows on my Mac. :shock:

Hopefully, that long promised update will come and some of us will be able to use RE2 after all.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Laser Type: 5th Gen
I have a dedicated Windows machine for my 5th gen. However I do run a Mac for my main business computer and have installed parallels with Windows on it and have installed and successfully ran RE on the laser.

Full Spectrum 5th Generation with 45 watt tube and rotary attachment.

Full wood shop and welding equipment.

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]