FULL SPECTRUM FORUM

An unofficial forum for Full Spectrum Laser users
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:42 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to fslusers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: LightObject LASER POWER SUPPLY (AC110V)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:20 pm 

Laser Type: P-series 24x18
Hello all,
our laser powersupply died and we replaced it with one from smartobject: http://www.lightobject.com/80W100W-PWM- ... -P682.aspx (80W~100W PWM CO2 LASER POWER SUPPLY (AC110V)). The problem is that our tubes makes wierd cracking noises when operating, and i've been told I should regulate the max current from the control board, but there is no mention on how to do this on the manual.
Anyone who had the same problem? How can we regulate the current of the PSU from the control board?
Thanks!
Matt

Post subject: Re: LightObject LASER POWER SUPPLY (AC110V)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

Laser Type: 4th and 5th
One of the lines coming from your controller is the max power regulation line. Assuming everything is hooked up right, look up what the max recommended current is for your laser tube, then check the panel on the laser to see what mA value it's showing while the laser fires (tell it to just run a solid line slowly and see what the power reports). If it's too high, reduce the value of "LaserPowerMax" and try again. If it's too low, increase "LaserPowerMax" until it's correct.

The cracking noises I'm not sure about, but it sounds like you have a bad connection to your tube or power supply. Check those connections and see if everything is good and snug.

Please remember this is an unofficial forum and is unaffiliated with Full Spectrum. All moderators and admins are volunteers!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:47 pm 

Laser Type: 5th Gen, 45w
I peg my LaserPowerMax setting to hold at a steady 14.9mA when the laser is firing at 100%. Never had an issue from this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:52 pm 

Laser Type: 40w 4th gen
Greetings,
IMHO a "crackling" noise could also be indicative of a high voltage "leak" some where in the high voltage circuit. Please make sure that the HV lead to the tube is properly insulated where it connects to the tube. ( 1.5 inches of silicone tube slipped over a well connected HV lead, then filled with some RTV silicone) - same applies for the "other" end" of the tube). Also you might want to look at the white pass through connector if used . it might not be seated all the way and the high Voltage is sneaking out to the closest ground point. 15Kv will look for the EASY way out!!!
just my thoughts, been there done that .
-J

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm 

Laser Type: 40w 4th gen
Hi, Have you resolved this problem? I re read your post. I have a similar power supply in my big laser. The power supply itself makes some degree of noise when operating. Those power supplies are fairly interchange, but vary greatly in quality. so your results may vary. A few thought's again, did you use a larger ( more watts) PSU then what you had ? 40w vs 80W? the second part of your question , on the power supply there is a 6 pin connector. the PSU it self should be labeled with the following : H L WP G IN 5V. assuming you wired it correctly and your software supports changing power ( some have a slide bar in the SW, Some u change the power by the color of the line) and some laser have a manual precision potentiometer wired in to the IN and 5V circuit. IN will goto the wiper portion of the pot, one end of the "windings" will go to the 5V and the other end of the windings will go to G. that is how you MANUALLY adjust the current. H and L refer to the logic triggering that your control board uses ( high trigger or low trigger 5v(3.3) or ground. the WP is the water protection input, and "eventually" it will wind up at G when the water pump is running and the flow has activated the internal switch in the sensor. if your software controls the power regulation, that wire goes to the IN . hope this helped.
J

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]