FULL SPECTRUM FORUM

An unofficial forum for Full Spectrum Laser users
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to fslusers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 4th Gen Full Spectrum Hobby Laser $1000.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:33 pm 

Laser Type: Hobby Laser
$1000.00
Condition: good
make / manufacturer: Full Spectrum
model name / FSL 40 watt Hobby Laser
For sale - Full Spectrum 40 watt Hobby Laser machine. Engraves, cuts wood, acrylic, leather, cloth, etc...Machine is 4 years old. The cutting area is 9" X 14". BRAND NEW TUBE, comes with everything needed, water pump, fan, compressor, honey comb table. Table top model. Works fine. I prefer to sell to a person who has experience with laser machines as I am not including lessons on how to use it. I am selling because I am upgrading to a larger machine.
I would like to sell to local buyer but is packed in original box and ready to ship at buyers expense.
I live in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Price is firm.

Attachments:
20170716_095306.jpg
20170716_095306.jpg [ 3.25 MiB | Viewed 191 times ]
20170716_095220.jpg
20170716_095220.jpg [ 4.11 MiB | Viewed 191 times ]
20170716_095209.jpg
20170716_095209.jpg [ 2.95 MiB | Viewed 191 times ]
Report this post

Post subject: Re: 4th Gen Full Spectrum Hobby Laser $1000.00
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 pm 

Laser Type: 5th Gen. Hobby 20x12
Do you still have the laser for sale? I'm learning how to use a FSL 5th Gen. Hobby 20x12 through a local maker club so I'm getting familiar with everything needed to get the laser to work the way it was designed to work, so I would lean on you very little, perhaps just to get things set up.

I'm semi-retired and live in the Durham area of North Carolina, I would want to drive up and see it operate before buying. No problem with the price.

Tony J.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am 

Hello Tony the machine I am selling is already boxed up and everything has been disconnected. The brand new laser tube is still in the original packaging. I am selling the machine because I purchased a larger one which is now hooked up where the old one was before. I do not even have the software on my computer anymore. If you would like to come I can show you how it will run because I have another machine just like it that I am keeping. I can go over everything with you. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:36 am 

Laser Type: 5th Gen, 45w
Just an FYI: You will need to sort out a way to get the buyer set up with the software and up and running (using your email/file) or there will be a transfer fee from FSL to support the change to the new owner.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:52 am 

I spoke with BJ when I purchased the new machine this past month and I was told there was not a fee unless there is needed tech support after initial set up. There is Not a transfer fee for software set up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:19 am 

Erin, Is the new machine a 4th Gen. 14x9 also? I was looking at the pictures and was wondering how the Z-axis is changed for different material thickness? Is there any digital literature out there about the 4th Generation so I can study up on it before driving up to Mechanicsburg?

I joined a former Maker group that is now called SplatSpace - Durham and we have a 5th Gen. 20x12 Hobby Laser. I've been learning how to use the laser, i.e. set it up for my material etc and how to use the software with AutoCad. I downloaded the RetinaEngrave V4.420 software from the FSL website onto my laptop and have been climbing the learning curve mountain since.

TLHarrell, Thank you for mentioning the possible transfer fee issue. From conversations at the SplatSpace, some YouTube videos and from other posts I've read here it sounds like FSL may have changed their policy recently, I'll be sure to contact them to discuss their position.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 am 

Hi Tony, I am at work right now however when I get home I will be happy to answer all of your questions. Can I get your email so that I can converse with you more. Thanks, Erin

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am 

Erin, You can reach me at [email protected]

I'll be in a meeting from 7:00 to about 8:30 but will have my laptop.

Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:55 pm 

Laser Type: 5th Gen, 45w
The Z axis on those machines is manually cranked up and down with a dial on the bottom. First modification I did on mine was to cut a much larger wheel so it's easier to get my hands on and had more weight to allow it to free spin a little more.

I no longer have that laser as I sold it with all modifications when I upgraded to the 5th Gen. Here's a quick video of some of the other mods I did:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 am 

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this used 4th Gen. but have a few questions for whoever can answer.

How difficult it would be to locate a rotary attachment for a 4th Gen. ? How many $$$
How difficult is it to install a new tube ... for the new owner, lol. What the heck, I used to wrench on cars as I drove them.

Tony J.

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]